This is a blog for all craftsters.

This is a blog for all craftsters. Here you will find lot's of tips and free patterns, to help you create your own lovely little friends. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

woensdag 16 januari 2013

Tips on how to create hair for your crocheted doll

So here's a tip on how to create beautifull hair for your lalaloopsy or other kind of doll:

I use a knitting mill, that's a semi-automatic version of the wooden childrens toy we all know where you pull yarn over loops and a knitted tube comes out.
Then I make tubes of a little bit longer than the desired length (because you can still make it shorter but not longer...) and pin them to the head of my doll, that way I can adjust as I go along. So when the hair looks the way I want it I sew every tube into place. Now it just needs a finishing touch so I embroider some lines on the head (see foto) Good luck!







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten